- Founded in 1947; originally incorporated by Dr. Joseph Jacobs in 1957
- Common stock has been publicly traded since 1970 and is currently traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol JEC
- Revenues for fiscal year 2004 were $4.6 billion
- Our current backlog approaches $7.1 billion
- We employ over 35,000 professional staff and over 12,000 skilled craft personnel operating from 75 offices located strategically to serve our global clients
- In December 2001, we completed acquisition of McDermott｡ｦs Delta Catalytic, a full service professional services company, that provides engineering, construction and maintenance services for a wide range of industries in North America and abroad
- In May 2001, we acquired LawGibb Group, Inc., which broadened our services capabilities in the United Kingdom the European Continent and the Far East
- Early in 2002, Jacobs initiated the establishment of PharmaBio Engineers P.S.C. a professional services company providing engineering and construction management services to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries in Puerto Rico.
We provide a full service solution to your project delivery requirements and have executed projects ranging in value from several hundred thousand dollars on a small facility upgrade to executing a major biopharmaceutical project for a client valued in excess of 1.5 billion dollars. The chart below lists our primary services offered.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CAPABILITIES
- Consulting - Validation & Regulatory Compliance
- Conceptual Studies - Direct Hire Construction
- Process Development - Construction Management
- Architectural Design - Commissioning
- Detail Engineering - Maintenance & Operations Support
- Value Engineering - Modular Design and Fabrication
- Automation Consulting and Systems Integration
Jacobs has grown approximately 15% per year over the past ten years of operation. Much of that growth has come from our strategic acquisitions. We have a commitment to serve our clients wherever their capital project requirements may take them. We have sought to acquire companies who have both the geographic proximity and the technical expertise to serve our clients. The following is a list of key acquisitions or mergers we have completed to build our global execution capabilities:
COMPANY LOCATION(S) YEAR
Humphreys & Glasgow UK / India 1992
Siegel Group Philadelphia 1993
Wolder Engineering Los Angeles / Denver 1993
CRSS/Sirrine Greenville, Houston, Denver 1994
CPR Green Bay 1996
Mincorp Atlanta 1997
Serete France / Spain 1997
Sverdrup St. Louis 1999
LawGibb UK, Europre, Asia 2001
Delta Hudson Canada / Ireland 2001
Sharp Design Woodbury, NJ 2001
We serve a wide range of industries including: biotech/pharmaceutical, fine chemicals, petrochemicals, petroleum, buildings, technology, infrastructure, and federal programs as shown in the adjacent chart. Our diverse client base demonstrates our balanced business approach and technical strengths in execution of capital projects for specific industries.
Our organization is geographically and technically structured to serve these specific industries. In support of our strategy we developed ｡ｧCenters of Excellence｡ｨ (COE) comprised of multiple offices, which are staffed to meet the technical requirements of the biotech and pharmaceutical industry and our individual respective clients.
To build on the cumulative knowledge of our industry experts and provide the level of service you require, we have implemented data and communication systems including Jacobs Project Interface (JPI) and Project Web. These systems enhance our offices to communicate on a real time basis from multiple execution offices around the world.
We worked with IPA (International Productivity Associates) to develop and implement an integrated work process system for the biotech and pharmaceutical industry.
Our standardized work process, JSTEPS is the backbone of our quality system. JSTEPS or Jacobs System To Ensure Project Success is comprised of an integrated system of work process maps, standard procedures and best practices. Specifically JSTEPS provides:
ペ Macro Phase Map
ペ Cross Functional Work Process Map
ペ Standard Operating Procedures
ペ JVEPS ｡V Jacobs Value Enhancing Practices
ペ Performance Measures/Metrics
ペ Client Expectations and Satisfaction Survey
ペ Compliance Audits
We have experienced engineers, architects and designer that provide full service engineering capabilities for the BioPharma industry. Our engineering expertise ranges from master-planning activities (including evaluations of infrastructure, field investigations and analysis), feasibility studies, conceptual designs, preliminary engineering, constructability reviews, detail design and permitting.
Our vast experience in executing projects in the BioPharma industry has provided us with a knowledge base and lessons learned second to none. Whatever your project we can provide you with a first class experienced team and an efficient execution plan resulting in an on-time and on-budget project.
Our team of procurement and subcontracting specialists has the right combination of knowledge and experience to procure equipment and contractors services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology projects. We strive to accomplish our mission by constantly monitoring vendor and contractors performance, researching current material conditions as affected by economic trends and utilizing our approved project procurement procedures.
CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE CAPABILITIES
Our construction resources routinely win awards for safety and quality excellence.
Complementing our design resources and capabilities are our construction, construction management and maintenance service companies. Combining our design and construction services under the direction of our Project Manager provides you with an integrated project delivery approach, with a single point of communication and responsibility. We have been providing construction services in this manner with great success for over 40 years. Our services include pre-construction, construction and construction management, commissioning/start-up and validation support services.
1880 WAYCROSS RD
CINCINNATI, OH 45240-2825
Oil and Gas